EC Round 1: (4) Brooklyn Nets vs. (5) Chicago Bulls

Discussion in 'The Hardwood' started by Drizzy Dre, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM.

1. Drizzy Dre V I P

Money:
    $327
    With a Hawks lost tonight against the Knicks, the Chicago Bulls have officially clinched the 5th seed of the Eastern Conference. They will face the Brooklyn Nets in the first round of the playoffs.

I have the Nets winning in 7 games. Deron Williams bum ankle isn't bothering him anymore and it's definitely showing during this great stretch he's on. Brook Lopez is the best scoring Center in the league, he has Reggie Evans being his enforcer in the paint. Joe Johnson, even though still inconsistent and a overrated player in my opinion, I believe come playoff time he will benefit with playing alongside D-Will in the backcourt.

They say that offense sell tickets and defense wins championship. Well the Chicago Bulls are the Top 2 defense in the league, but they do struggle to get buckets sometimes. When the game slows down and they need key buckets, there's really no options outside of Nate Robinson to create their own shots. Nets have so many options that it's hard to count them out in this series.
  2. tom brady 3rd best QB of all time

Money:
    $1,105
    Daily reminder that John Wall is having an immensely better stretch than Deron is post-allstar break so you should still continue calling Deron Williams trash.

Bulls in 5.
    Travis Bickle likes this.
  3. Da_Rippa808 V I P

Money:
    $698
    Got the bulls in this one also. Just too good defensively and dont think the Nets are consistent enough to win this one
  4. Skywalker WILDCARD BITCHES

Money:
    $326
  5. Ace 2-Time M2 Survivor Champ

Money:
    $26
    Nets got this in 7 games
  6. NoPainNoGain Active Member

Money:
    $107
    Bulls in 5 or 6. Defense will do the Nets in.
  7. Marl Kalone V I P

Money:
    $98
    Interesting series, Boozer and D-Will facing off.
  8. mixedballa Well-Known Member

Money:
    $110
    bulls in 5 or 6. the nets have nice options on offense but I expect them to struggle against the defense of gibson, boozer and the big men. all of the chicago players are willing and capable of playing d. they can put either deng or butler on williams and johnson. I expect them to rely heavily on the play of williams and johnson
  9. MoriorInvictus V I P

Money:
    $574
    Bulls in 6. I think Brooklyn are overrated and Chicago have been playing well lately. Should be a close series either way but Chicago for me.
  10. LamarMatic LamarTradamus

Money:
    $530
    There's too much uncertainty about the Bulls for me to go with them. Noah's plantar fascitis and Gibson's knee scares me. In related news, they rely on Nate Robinson when they can't get a shot. Brooklyn in 7.
  11. Jdilla26 Active Member

Money:
    $50
    I see my Bulls in 7 havent been consistent lately............Lack of scoring could hurt the Bulls but nevertheless Bulls in 7
  12. Travis Bickle V I P

Money:
    $37
  13. Fresh27 PROJECT BADASS

Money:
    $262
    picking the bulls but they can be so inconsistent that it could screw them in this series and a bunch of injuries are really testing out the depth. fingers crossed rose comes back and tears it up.
  14. LamarMatic LamarTradamus

Money:
    $530
    I think it's very unlikely that he'll come back at this point. If he had done so, he would have got some burn in the regular season to get ready.
  15. LOb0 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $52
    Where is the poll phaggot
  16. pistolpeteJR Instinct of a Child

Money:
    $852
    I'm very curious to see how these Nets will fare in their first year in the playoffs. Nevertheless, I do think their record is a little inflated as to their true play, but I could be wrong, seeing as how they actually have that many wins lol.

Anyway, because of Noah and Co's injuries and all, I'm going to say Nets in 7.
  17. Ace 2-Time M2 Survivor Champ

Money:
    $26
    Inflated? If drill was healthy the whole season and the nets didn't give up as much as they did during some games our record should be better
  18. pistolpeteJR Instinct of a Child

Money:
    $852
    I don't know man, it's just a gut feeling. Could be wrong of course, and honestly I'm looking forward to them proving me wrong in the playoffs.
  19. pistolpeteJR Instinct of a Child

Money:
    $852
  20. creative16 nosce te ipsum

Money:
    $177
    This is one of the harder series to predict. The more players the Bulls have healthy again the better stand their chances to pull off an upset which it would be at this point. The Nets have the tools to advance though, they really should. I take the Nets in 7.