WC Round 1: (1) OKC Thunder vs. (8) Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'The Hardwood' started by Imadogg, Apr 18, 2013.

?

Who ya got?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2013.
Thunder in 4 4 vote(s) 16.7%
Thunder in 5 15 vote(s) 62.5%
Thunder in 6 5 vote(s) 20.8%
Thunder in 7 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Rockets in 4 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Rockets in 5 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Rockets in 6 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Rockets in 7 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Imadogg Beware of Dogg

Money:
    $584
    Hot damn! Rockets fall to 8th and James Harden faces his former buddies and his former team in the top seeded Thunder... this shit could get good.
  2. mixedballa Well-Known Member

Money:
    $490
    I like the rockets and hoped they could make the 6th seed. now I see them losing in 4.
  3. Da_Rippa808 V I P

Money:
    $1,298
    Give Houston one game, thats it. Overmatched at almost every position and their defense will not be able to contain the Thunder.
  4. flawless victory Active Member

Money:
    $47
    Houston could have given the Spurs a series, but I see OKC beating them in 5. A lot of things have to go right for Houston if they want to make this a series. They have to knock down 3s, Parsons has to somewhat try to limit Durant, and Harden has to get to the line.
  5. MoriorInvictus V I P

Money:
    $1,109
    I'll give Houston a game in this one. Harden will probably get hot and go for 40, but other than that Oklahoma City should easily advance here.
  6. LamarMatic LamarTradamus

Money:
    $1,199
    Houston steals game 3 or 4 (the one where Harden and Lin play out of their minds), but it ends in OKC in game 5.
  7. Jdilla26 Active Member

Money:
    $346
    This should be a easy out for the Thunder Westbrook got Lin guarding him and if Im correct this is Lin 1st playoff series I dont think he played last playoffs @ all vs Heat. Thunder in 5
  8. pistolpeteJR Instinct of a Child

Money:
    $1,565
    For some reason, I feel like Houston's gonna steal 2 games. OKC in 6.
  9. Th3HamMan1 Active Member

Money:
    $77
    Thunder in 4.
  10. NoPainNoGain Active Member

Money:
    $204
    Bring out the brooms for this one
  11. flawless victory Active Member

Money:
    $47
    It's not going to be a sweep. The Rockets are a well rounded team and with an elite player like James Harden leading the way are capable of making this a competitive series. I think the Rockets will actually take a couple of games now, but only a couple. OKC in 6.
  12. Da_Rippa808 V I P

Money:
    $1,298
    I get that Harden has had a tremendous season, but I see OKC somewhat shutting him down mainly due to the fact that they probably know his tendencies/weaknesses the best out of any team
  13. ipodmini V I P

Money:
    $531
    Thunder to steal 1 on the back of Harden, OKC to smash them every other game imo
  14. creative16 nosce te ipsum

Money:
    $391
    1 game goes to Houston, a home game, the others are probably rather easy money for the Thunder.
  15. enigm@ Well-Known Member

Money:
    $141
    didn't he drop a career high on them though during the regular season?
    Jdilla26 likes this.
  16. pistolpeteJR Instinct of a Child

Money:
    $1,565
    Yes he did. It was a monster line.
  17. Da_Rippa808 V I P

Money:
    $1,298
    Will be totally different during a 7 game series. They will eventually wear Harden down
  18. flawless victory Active Member

Money:
    $47
    Lin and Parsons will step up. Chandler Parsons is underrated imo. Long, athletic, great shooter and a good defender too. Durant may be in for a tough series himself.
    tom brady likes this.
  19. pistolpeteJR Instinct of a Child

Money:
    $1,565
    I'd actually be really happy to see a super-competitive series that has the Rockets upsetting in 7 on a Harden GW at Chesapeake. His way of saying, "good job Sam."
  20. DINHSProductions 10-11 Rookie of the Year

Money:
    $45
    I don't see how the Rockets can slow down the Thunder's offence, should be an easy series for the Thunders. Rockets will still a game, 2 if they're lucky!